Pure Metallic Surface. Safe. Strong. Simple.
Silverlon® Dressings Have a Permanently Plated Metallic Surface
Through a proprietary process, each nylon strand is autocatalytically plated with 1 micros of 99.9% pure metallic silver.
Silverlon® Silver Dressings
- Sustainable – every Silverlon® dressing can be used for up to 7 days
- No increase in bioburden
- No staining
Other "Silver" Dressings
Silver Impregnated Dressings
- May have as little as 1/50th as much silver as Silverlon®
- Silver layer is not in patient contact
- Typically backed by in vitro data only
Silver Nanocrystal Dressings
- Typically 1/5th the silver of Silverlon®
- Staining and stinging can occur
- Increased bioburden
Silverlon® dressings contain more metallic silver than any other dressing.
Silverlon® delivers enough silver ions within the dressing to show antimicrobial effectiveness within 120 minutes, MRSA eradication in 4 hours and for up to 7 days.
One technology - multiple applications.
Silverlon® dressings are available in multiple shapes and sizes for covering many types of wounds.
See our complete line of Silverlon® dressings which includes surgical, fenestrated, catheter, burn, advanced wound care, and calcium alginate dressings.